Wednesday, May 20, 2009

carpet.

I miss carpet. In my apartment, I have faux (pronounced "fox") wood floors. While they look nice, I have come to learn that they become so dirty so quickly. I wake up in the morning to find that all the stray hair that has detached itself from me magically collect in small congregations for reasons I have yet to figure out.

Now, for someone who has a healthy obsession with cleanliness, this poses a problem. That problem is more intensive and frequent cleaning sessions. Whereas with carpet, all your dreams can be achieved with a vacuum cleaner, that is not the case in this situation. As you may be aware, while a handheld vacuum is operating, it puts out a small amount of air, something I like to call exhaust. This causes the congregations that have been meeting all over my floor to scatter in fear. I then end up chasing a hair all across the floor in an effort to remove it from my apartment. On the carpet, this does. not. happen. The microfibers cling onto the hairs like grim death, both masking their appearance and preventing them from meeting each other, and therefore allowing one to operate the vacuum much less often (perhaps only once every three weeks to a month).

Isn't it fun to travel and learn new things?

No comments:

Post a Comment