Monday, June 22, 2009

all-star picks.

The All-Star game is fast approaching, and the most exciting part is...the Rangers are in first. Yes, it may be a slim lead, but god willing, they will be a game ahead when the Rockies finish of those blasted dual identity Angels from Los Angeles AND Anaheim.

In honor of this momentous occasion, I would like to share my All-Star picks. And out of respect for the great game of baseball, my picks are completely based upon performance. I'm no homer for the All-Star game!

American League

First Base: Justin Morneau, MIN
Second Base: Ian Kinsler, TEX
Third Base: Michael Young, TEX
Shortstop: Jason Bartlett, TB
Catcher: Joe Mauer, MIN
Outfield: Jason Bay, BOS
Outfield: Torii Hunter, LAA
Outfield: Nelson Cruz, TEX

National League

First Base: Albert Pujols, STL
Second Base: Chase Utley, PHI
Third Base: Pablo Sandoval, SF
Shortstop: Hanley Ramirez, FLA
Catcher: Brian McCann, ATL
Outfield: Ryan Braun, MIL
Outfield: Raul Ibañez, PHI
Outfield: Hunter Pence, HOU

May I just say that Albert Pujols is the best player of this era.

2 comments:

  1. I like the picks, I will have to post my picks on my blog later this week. What about DH for AL. And do you have picks for who you want to see in the HR derby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's no DH for AL because the game's in St. Louis.

    I disagree with Kinsler for second though. I'd go with Aaron Hill. He only has three less homers, but is hitting .304 compared to Kinsler's .266. He also has 95 vs. 74 hits.

    As well as third base... My votes go to Evan Longoria and David Wright. I just think they're putting up better numbers. I think Justin Upton deserves some love too. I'd put him over Pence.

    I'm not meaning to criticize - the rest look pretty solid.

    -Charlie

    ReplyDelete